Monday, March 22, 2010

Rush Hour Monday 3-22-10

Today's Rush Hour* training group was smaller than normal due to the Spring Break Holiday. The weather was perfect, mid-50's with sunshine. Yesterday's snow had almost all melted and the track was clear. The assigned workout for today was 1200 repeats broken down with the first and last 400 at 10K pace and the middle at 5K pace. With an upset stomach, I didn't actually worry about hitting paces and instead focused on just picking up to a faster pace during the middle 400. The goal was to do 3-4 repeats. I think I would have liked this workout a lot better had I been feeling better. Oh well, at least I got some miles in even if they weren't my best. I ran with Lori for my cooldown and made plans with the girls for a bike ride tomorrow. Now time for dinner!

*Rush Hour is the Monday speed workout put on by Mike Rush of Rush Running in Bentonville. We meet at the Old Tiger Track in Bentonville and Mike gives out a different workout each week. It is one of my favorite of our group workouts because the group is very supportive of each other whether you are the fastest or slowest runner on the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment