Monday, April 5, 2010

I will relax, I will relax, I will relax!

Today is Monday which means another fun night of speedwork at Rush Hour. We had a group of about 60-70 tonight at the track and had a workout full of variety. We did a 400,600,800,1000 at 5K pace then a 1200 all out. Little problem though...I didn't do the full workout.

The last few weeks as soon as the workout starts I start suffering from stomach distress and end up jumping off the track and having a mini-meltdown. As soon as my (super understanding) running partner makes it back around the track, I jump back into the workout. I think I'm just stressed because my fitness isn't quite where I want it to be and I am making the fatal mistake of comparing myself to others. I need to relax because I won't be able to get my fitness back to where I want it to be unless I do so. All together I ended up with just over 6 miles for the night.

To try and fix this issue I'm going to throw in some speedplay and pickups into my mid-week runs to try and rebuild my confidence with faster paces and be more comfortable at track night. 5K and Triathlon season is just around the corner so I've got to get a handle on this!

1 comment: