Thursday, August 19, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1) The never-ending stitch! So I developed a horrible side stitch during my 5K race on Monday night.  The past few days I would make random movements and still could feel tenderness in the area where the stitch was.  I really did push hard through the stitch during the race but I didn't think I would be enjoying it for so long! I ran tonight and the stitch reappeared around mile 4 of 6 but I drank some water and that seemed to help. 

2) Race Decisions...I'm stuck with some triathlon race decisions.  I know for sure that I will be doing the Tie Dye Sprint Triathlon on 9/26.  There are two other triathlons that I am considering...one this weekend and one the weekend of 9/11.  I was planning to skip the race this weekend and do the sprint race on 9/12...except I just found out that we are having a family dinner on the night of the 11th and I can't do both since the race is 3 hours away.  There is an Olympic distance race on the morning of the 11th that I could do and make it back home in time for the family dinner...however I don't know if my training has been sufficient for an Olympic.  Honestly, I'm a little scared of the Olympic distance and actually running a 10k after a swim and bike.  What to do??? I could treat the race as a workout, just something to get experience with the longer distance triathlon but is it silly to sign up for a race knowing you aren't fully trained to race that distance?

3) Long run craziness...I met my running partner Anne tonight for a run.  Usually we just do speed work together but she is in marathon training and is liking company for midweek longer runs.  We've done a couple 6 milers together during the week and it is so nice to have the company.  I've been struggling all summer with doing long runs.  Anne has an 18 miler on tap for Saturday except she is starting the run at 3:30AM.  I'm actually fairly sure that I'm going to get up and join her on the run this week.  I would like to get in 8 miles though not the full 18! There is a triathlon just down the street from my house and  I'm want to get in both a long run and also go and cheer on all my friends competing in the tri.   I can always take a nap after cheering on all the triathletes!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the stitch. Those things suck and seem to take forever to go away!
    I would say skip the Olympic if you're feeling like you are not well trained for it. In my opinion, Olympic tris are tough! I would do the sprint instead. They are more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird about the nagging stitch days later!

    Good luck on your upcoming race decisions!

    ReplyDelete