Wednesday, September 22, 2010

CVS Peas Cold Pack

I had a little clumsy moment yesterday and tripped over a piece of luggage as I was exiting a building.  I saw the woman leaving ahead of me but just didn't pay attention as she paused after getting through the door.  I was rushing to get back to the office and should have paid more attention to what was going on.  I fell pretty hard landing on the inside of my right knee.  I didn't get scraped up but did end up with a big knot on knee. 

Enter my favorite birthday present from my sister...the CVS Peas Cold Pack.  These came out a few years ago and are available at the CVS Pharmacy drug store.  They come in several different designs but I love the knee pack because it has a velcro strap that you can use to wrap around either your foot/ankle/or knee.  I keep my Peas packs in the freezer at all times, ready for any running injury.  They stay cold for up to 30-40 minutes though you should only ice for 20 minutes at a time.  They don't cause any skin burning sensations like icing with an ice bag can sometimes cause.  And the velcro strap means the ice pack will stay in place if you need to get up and move around. 

 *I did not receive any compensation for this review, just a product that I use and love!

Below is the description provided by CVS: Conforms when cold. Targeted relief for pain or swelling. Stays colder longer. Reusable. Flexible & form-fitting shape. Adjustable elastic straps. It's not just an old wives' tale. Frozen peas have been recommended by medical professionals for years, due to their unique ability to provide flexible cold treatment for swelling and joint pain. Now there's Peas therapy packs! Just like a bag of frozen peas, reusable Peas conform and soothe wherever cold therapy is needed. Innovative soft gel peas provide long lasting cold relief and mold to your contours for a comfortable, body hugging fit. Colorful gel-filled peas and form-fitting shape provide soothing relief. Slim profile for wear over or under clothing. Adjustable elastic straps secure cold pack around the knee. Soothing high-performance therapy for swelling or discomfort, strains and sprains, sports injuries, and bruises. Made in China. Buy Some CVS Peas Here!

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'll have to look for those the next time I'm at a CVS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said you loved these on my comment...and now I think i gotta look for this.

    i love CVS btw..seems like they have a lot of cool stuff like this...no punn intended;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Whitney!

    Happy Birthday! And SO cool that you won the BROOKS shoe/short giveaway on your special day;-)

    email me your address so I can send you the card. I couldn't find your email on your profile page or here...so reaching out via a comment;-)

    again, Congrats and happy b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't sell the "Neck & Shoulder" ones anymore, my favorite, and DON'T buy them on amazon, they are fake and not the real thing even though they come in a CVS package, I know !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These CVS "Peas" packs dry out!!! They were great for my knee, post op. BUT now all four are sealed bags of blue pellets and AIR. No liquid. I'm not sure of the chemistry on how all four bags are sealed and the liquid is gone, but that is case. All were stored together in a closet. I checked after about 18 months. . . and all are dry!

    ReplyDelete