About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Whitney! I am a middle of the pack runner who discovered the fun of triathlons in 2009. Join me in my adventures in life and training. I run with the Rush Running team and enjoy the fun that comes with such a supportive group of friends who understand what running means to me. I'm newly discovering road biking and the fun that it entails.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Not Your Average Adventure Virtual Race

Pahla over at Adventures of an Average Athlete is hosting a virtual race in honor of her upcoming birthday.  Pahla is known in the bloggy world as P so I decided to host a Race to P as in a Race to Pee!!! Every week, without fail, I have to make a visit to the porta-potty at our local track before our speedwork session begins.  Tonight I went ahead and made it into a race!
The starting line was my car!

I dressed for the occasion in a pink shirt and pigtails.  P is like me and wears pigtails for races and things. It wasn't too tough for me to wear pink and pigtails since they are favorites of mine too.  I got lucky and got a parking space that wasn't too far from the porta-potty so tonight's race was going to be a short one!

Made it to the finish, but the porta potty was already occupied!
The course was flat and partially lit, the length was non-traditional and approximately 6 parking spaces in length and across the traffic lane.  I went ahead and ran the diagonal which probably shaved a couple seconds off my race time.  The finish line was well lit but wasn't the most fancy finish. 

Race results!
Overall, I enjoyed my race even if it was super short! I did make up for it with an additional 5.9 miles of speed work including warm up and cool down afterwards.  Tonight's workout was a fartlek ladder workout.  We started with 30 seconds of hard effort and built up the ladder by adding 30 seconds to the hard effort after a 30 second recovery.  It was a tough workout mainly because my legs were fatigued from my long run on Sunday...I know you were expecting them to be fatigued from my Race to P!

Happy Birthday Pahla! I hope you have a great day and thanks for sharing your journey with us!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!!! Sorry it took me so long to get to it - I have so many blogs to catch up on from being out of town this weekend. Thanks for the birthday wishes and the great race report!!

    ReplyDelete