Monday, November 8, 2010

Not Your Average Adventure Virtual Race

Pahla over at Adventures of an Average Athlete is hosting a virtual race in honor of her upcoming birthday.  Pahla is known in the bloggy world as P so I decided to host a Race to P as in a Race to Pee!!! Every week, without fail, I have to make a visit to the porta-potty at our local track before our speedwork session begins.  Tonight I went ahead and made it into a race!
The starting line was my car!

I dressed for the occasion in a pink shirt and pigtails.  P is like me and wears pigtails for races and things. It wasn't too tough for me to wear pink and pigtails since they are favorites of mine too.  I got lucky and got a parking space that wasn't too far from the porta-potty so tonight's race was going to be a short one!

Made it to the finish, but the porta potty was already occupied!
The course was flat and partially lit, the length was non-traditional and approximately 6 parking spaces in length and across the traffic lane.  I went ahead and ran the diagonal which probably shaved a couple seconds off my race time.  The finish line was well lit but wasn't the most fancy finish. 

Race results!
Overall, I enjoyed my race even if it was super short! I did make up for it with an additional 5.9 miles of speed work including warm up and cool down afterwards.  Tonight's workout was a fartlek ladder workout.  We started with 30 seconds of hard effort and built up the ladder by adding 30 seconds to the hard effort after a 30 second recovery.  It was a tough workout mainly because my legs were fatigued from my long run on Sunday...I know you were expecting them to be fatigued from my Race to P!

Happy Birthday Pahla! I hope you have a great day and thanks for sharing your journey with us!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!!! Sorry it took me so long to get to it - I have so many blogs to catch up on from being out of town this weekend. Thanks for the birthday wishes and the great race report!!

    ReplyDelete