Sunday, December 5, 2010

Post Long Run Treat


Oh, yes! That is a McDonald's Hot Chocolate and it makes the perfect treat after a long, cold run!

Saturday morning the temp was around 40 degrees for the 7AM start of my long run.  The temp wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the wind.  Our little group decided to try out a route that would hopefully get us out of the wind but we had to substitute rolling hills for the wind relief.  It wasn't too bad and I definitely need to be running more hills that I have been.  Our little group got in just under 6 miles and then I added on another 5 to get the distance I needed for the weekend. 

The wind always perplexes me.  It was coming out of the North so we ran heading into the wind to start. Our finish was along an East/West street and I didn't feel like we were heading into the wind at all.  When I went to add on, I got back onto that same East/West street and the wind was right in my face.  It was a little tough to talk myself into continuing on but I did! I ran towards the park and caught a glimpse of a 2 mile charity race that was going on.  I did a lollipop out and back meaning I ran out, did a loop, then came back! I was 1/4 mile short of 11 miles when I got back to the car so I ran down to the little outdoor ice rink and got to see ice skating lessons!

On my way home, I stopped for a hot chocolate at McDonald's. I chose the skim milk option but it still tasted great and helped warm me up. Hope you had a good long run this weekend!

2 comments: