Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rainy Day Blues

After several days of constant rain and storms I finally got around to setting up my new CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro Trainer that I won a few weeks ago.  The trainer set up is really simple and barely required instructions. 

My new trainer setup!
Monday night I hopped on the trainer for a workout.  My goal was to do about 90 minutes and I put on The Social Network to watch during the workout.  I was not really into the movie though and struggled with all the dialogue.  Next time I'll probably choose a movie with more action or activity.  I got super sweaty during the workout and created a new hairstyle.  That's one of my kitchen towels to keep the sweat from pouring off my face. 
What a look, right! It was handy since I can never find my Bondi Bands.
About 70 minutes on the trainer I ran into a mega oops. 

Somehow I ended up dropping my chain.  I've never had it actually come all the way off the rings before so it was a new experience for me.  I quickly had greasy fingers as I tried to fix it.  I googled how to fix a chain and even texted a friend for some help.  She and her husband tried to talk me through it but I was struggling to get the chain back into the guide.  After quite a few tries and some frustration I finally got it fixed.  Woohoo, my first official bike repair!
I think it is time to clean and grease my chain, don't you?
P.S. My parents were visiting town yesterday and during dinner my Dad asked if I was going to blog soon.  I told him I wasn't sure that I had anything much to write about and boy did that change once I got home.  Normally a trainer ride is very uneventful but that changed with me dropping my chain.  Too funny! Love you Dad!

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I would definitely have to call in the help on that one. No idea how to fix the chain. I should probably learn how to fix a flat too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I've never had a chain drop on the trainer, I have had it happen in the middle of a stinkin' race though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the repair. I dread that happening to me as i am clueless.

    ReplyDelete