About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Whitney! I am a middle of the pack runner who discovered the fun of triathlons in 2009. Join me in my adventures in life and training. I run with the Rush Running team and enjoy the fun that comes with such a supportive group of friends who understand what running means to me. I'm newly discovering road biking and the fun that it entails.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rainy Day Blues

After several days of constant rain and storms I finally got around to setting up my new CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro Trainer that I won a few weeks ago.  The trainer set up is really simple and barely required instructions. 

My new trainer setup!
Monday night I hopped on the trainer for a workout.  My goal was to do about 90 minutes and I put on The Social Network to watch during the workout.  I was not really into the movie though and struggled with all the dialogue.  Next time I'll probably choose a movie with more action or activity.  I got super sweaty during the workout and created a new hairstyle.  That's one of my kitchen towels to keep the sweat from pouring off my face. 
What a look, right! It was handy since I can never find my Bondi Bands.
About 70 minutes on the trainer I ran into a mega oops. 

Somehow I ended up dropping my chain.  I've never had it actually come all the way off the rings before so it was a new experience for me.  I quickly had greasy fingers as I tried to fix it.  I googled how to fix a chain and even texted a friend for some help.  She and her husband tried to talk me through it but I was struggling to get the chain back into the guide.  After quite a few tries and some frustration I finally got it fixed.  Woohoo, my first official bike repair!
I think it is time to clean and grease my chain, don't you?
P.S. My parents were visiting town yesterday and during dinner my Dad asked if I was going to blog soon.  I told him I wasn't sure that I had anything much to write about and boy did that change once I got home.  Normally a trainer ride is very uneventful but that changed with me dropping my chain.  Too funny! Love you Dad!

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I would definitely have to call in the help on that one. No idea how to fix the chain. I should probably learn how to fix a flat too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I've never had a chain drop on the trainer, I have had it happen in the middle of a stinkin' race though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the repair. I dread that happening to me as i am clueless.

    ReplyDelete