Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We Interrupt this Broadcast for Commercial Intervals!

I belong to the Junior League and tonight was our final meeting for the league year.  Unfortunately this meant that I couldn't go to the Tuesday night group bike ride.  Booo! It was a lot of fun to see all my league friends but it meant that I had to make up my bike ride with a trainer workout. 

I got on the trainer without a plan.  I had the TV turned on and was watching Chopped on the Food Network.  I started with an easy warmup and figured things out as I went along.  The first commercial break came up and so I decided to take things up a notch and do intervals.  I got into a harder gear and originally started out with doing several commercials at the top and then coming down a bit for the next 2-3 commercials.  When the show started back up, I returned to my easy gear and just had an easy spin with a good cadence.  The next round of commercials I just stayed in the hard gear for as long as I could. 

It was a good set with most of the commercial breaks lasting about 3-4 minutes and then 6 minutes of the show.  I got a total workout of one hour and felt like I could have kept going.  I only wish I could have started earlier so that I could have done a short run after to get a brick workout in but The Voice was on by the time I finished.  If you are watching The Voice, whose team are you rooting for? They are all so different and so far I'm really liking the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment