About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Whitney! I am a middle of the pack runner who discovered the fun of triathlons in 2009. Join me in my adventures in life and training. I run with the Rush Running team and enjoy the fun that comes with such a supportive group of friends who understand what running means to me. I'm newly discovering road biking and the fun that it entails.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We Interrupt this Broadcast for Commercial Intervals!

I belong to the Junior League and tonight was our final meeting for the league year.  Unfortunately this meant that I couldn't go to the Tuesday night group bike ride.  Booo! It was a lot of fun to see all my league friends but it meant that I had to make up my bike ride with a trainer workout. 

I got on the trainer without a plan.  I had the TV turned on and was watching Chopped on the Food Network.  I started with an easy warmup and figured things out as I went along.  The first commercial break came up and so I decided to take things up a notch and do intervals.  I got into a harder gear and originally started out with doing several commercials at the top and then coming down a bit for the next 2-3 commercials.  When the show started back up, I returned to my easy gear and just had an easy spin with a good cadence.  The next round of commercials I just stayed in the hard gear for as long as I could. 

It was a good set with most of the commercial breaks lasting about 3-4 minutes and then 6 minutes of the show.  I got a total workout of one hour and felt like I could have kept going.  I only wish I could have started earlier so that I could have done a short run after to get a brick workout in but The Voice was on by the time I finished.  If you are watching The Voice, whose team are you rooting for? They are all so different and so far I'm really liking the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment