Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me
1) I don't drink caffeine. I quit my senior year of college after becoming a Diet Coke addict. I never really liked coffee or tea so I don't miss out on much.
2) Growing up I got teased and called Whitney Houston.
3) I was actually born in Houston.
4) I used to rotate between bedrooms in my house since it's just me and I like each of the beds. I haven't switched in a while since my yellow room bed is usually covered with laundry!
5) I hate washing dishes and wish that my little kitchen included a dishwasher.
6) Some of my most prized possessions are black and white pictures of my grandparents and parents that I have framed on one wall of my living room. My favorite is a picture of my grandmother that she signed "With all my love, Maxine" for my grandfather.
7) I do my own taxes and have since I was a teenager. (Just saw a TurboTax commercial which prompted this one!)
8) I majored in Spanish in college and haven't really spoken Spanish since.
9) I am super messy and tend to make piles. I always have and can remember as a kid making piles and hiding stuff under the bed when I was supposed to be cleaning my room.
10) I don't eat fish...I'll try it sometimes but just am not a huge fan.
11) I am horrible about washing my face at night. Now that I'm starting to see little lines, I'm trying to get better about washing my face and putting on moisturizer at night. I'm pretty minimal in my entire face and makeup routine.
Here are the questions from AJH:
1) What tv series do you recommend? I love Justified which just started the 3rd season. I also like The New Girl and like Whitney.
2) What is a book you couldn't put down? I just read The Hunger Games and finished it in a day. I've got the 2nd and 3rd book in the series to read next.
3) Serious movies or chick flicks? Chick Flicks
4) What is a race you would recommend hands down? If you love race swag, then I would recommend the NWA Race for the Cure. We live in the home of Walmart and suppliers usually have a ton of giveaways after the race, as in some people fill multiple tote bags with goodies.
5) What grade did your favorite teacher ever teach? Growing up my favorite teacher was probably a junior high math teacher. In college, my favorite teacher was my marketing professor. In grad school, almost all of my professors were favorites. I think as I got older I recognized the spark that each brought to their subjects and could more easily see how the material related to my life.
6) If you could live anywhere where would you live? Hawaii, I'm fascinated with Hawaii lately and really want to visit there. Anyone up for a trip?!?!
7) What was one of the best days of your life aside from marriage and childbirth? Hmm, I think I've had a bunch of best days. I tend to love days that I spend with my nieces and nephews especially when I get my nephew going in a giggle fit.
8) What food could you never give up? Chocolate!
9) What is a place you would NEVER want to live? Somewhere without easy travel connections to see my family.
10) What famous person do you admire? Chrissie Wellington really impressed me with her decision and reasons for taking some time off from Ironman this year. That takes guts and courage.
Here are the questions from Shannon:
1. What is your favorite TV show? Hawaii 50, Justified, and Grey's Anatomy are my favorites.
2. If you had to eat the same meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Meatloaf and mashed potatoes with chocolate for dessert.
3. Do you cry at sad movies? Yes, so I try to save the super sad movies to watch at home.
4. Do you have any pre-race rituals? If so, what are they? Probably my only pre-race ritual is just going to the bathroom 100 times. Seriously I get super nervous before races.
5. Mac or PC? I'm a PC.
6. If you could pick the color of the new Tough Chik running singlet. what color would you pick? Magenta pink...kind of that deep raspberry pink color.
7. How did you find out about Tough Chik? I can't remember...probably another blogger. I've been a Facebook fan for a while and decided to join the Team this year.
8. What is you favorite song? Ave Maria
9. Any Superbowl plans? No, I'm not a big sports fan.
10. How do you take your coffee, if you don’t drink coffee, what is your morning beverage of choice? I'm not a coffee drinker so I start off the morning with water.
11. What is the worst job you have ever had? I haven't had any horrible jobs just a job working in a horrible situation. I loved my job but hated the environment and lack of morale in the office.