About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Whitney! I am a middle of the pack runner who discovered the fun of triathlons in 2009. Join me in my adventures in life and training. I run with the Rush Running team and enjoy the fun that comes with such a supportive group of friends who understand what running means to me. I'm newly discovering road biking and the fun that it entails.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Could you hear me too?!?!

Ever have a run where you feel like the whole world can hear your feet plodding along! Tonight I did and I was sure that people blocks away could hear me coming.  I don't know why but I felt like I was so loud while running.  My legs just wouldn't warm up and my feet weren't happy either.  I could tell from the start of my warmup that it wasn't going to be a good night for me. 

Instead of doing the group speed workout, I took a little run walk from the track to our downtown square.  It was a nice night with perfect temps in the mid-40's.  The workout that I missed was a doozy...I think it involved a mile time trial followed by fast repeats and plyos.  When I got back to the track, I could tell how hard the workout had been. 

I did a few more laps on the track to finish up my distance.  I talked my friend AJ into running the last one with me and it was probably my fastest and best section of the run all night.  AJ is quite a bit faster than me and she just naturally got me to pick up my pace and the conversation distracted me from the discomfort my legs had been feeling.  I only hope that my next run doesn't take 4 miles for me to get warmed up and that I'm a little quieter as I run!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment