Monday, January 23, 2012

Could you hear me too?!?!

Ever have a run where you feel like the whole world can hear your feet plodding along! Tonight I did and I was sure that people blocks away could hear me coming.  I don't know why but I felt like I was so loud while running.  My legs just wouldn't warm up and my feet weren't happy either.  I could tell from the start of my warmup that it wasn't going to be a good night for me. 

Instead of doing the group speed workout, I took a little run walk from the track to our downtown square.  It was a nice night with perfect temps in the mid-40's.  The workout that I missed was a doozy...I think it involved a mile time trial followed by fast repeats and plyos.  When I got back to the track, I could tell how hard the workout had been. 

I did a few more laps on the track to finish up my distance.  I talked my friend AJ into running the last one with me and it was probably my fastest and best section of the run all night.  AJ is quite a bit faster than me and she just naturally got me to pick up my pace and the conversation distracted me from the discomfort my legs had been feeling.  I only hope that my next run doesn't take 4 miles for me to get warmed up and that I'm a little quieter as I run!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment