About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Whitney! I am a middle of the pack runner who discovered the fun of triathlons in 2009. Join me in my adventures in life and training. I run with the Rush Running team and enjoy the fun that comes with such a supportive group of friends who understand what running means to me. I'm newly discovering road biking and the fun that it entails.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

2012 Jelly Bean Recap

Happy Easter to all!

This year I participated in the Jelly Bean virtual races sponsored by Run with Jess.  Jess offered 4 different race distances for participants including 5K, 10K, and half marathon for runners and a 21K for cyclists.  Below are my results:

March 31st Bentonville Half Marathon (it was a day early but I wanted to include it anyway.) My time was 2:36:55.


April 2nd 5K - 32:21

I used my regular Monday track workout for my 5K distance.  I just included the first 3.1 miles as the race distance so this included nearly 1.6 miles of warmup and 1.5 miles of speed work.  The workout for the night was 2 x mile at 5K pace and 2 x 800 at faster than 5K pace.  There was rest between each repeat.  I decided to shorten the miles to 1200m repeats and it worked out perfect to get me to my 5K after the 1200's.  It was a good workout so soon after the half marathon. 
Jody and I after the track workout.


April 5th 21K Bike - 56:36
Bentonville bike ride - I'm in white...I missed the green memo for the night!

Thursday was the kickoff of the Bentonville Girls Ride.  We had a group of 9 head out for a social ride around the hills of Bentonville.  It was my first ride outside since October and I was worried about making it up some of the bigger hills on our route.  Luckily my legs remembered to keep pedaling and I made it up them.  My time and pace was a little slower than I would have liked but that is one of the growing pains of riding on a no drop ride with a new group. 

Afterwards we headed to the Pressroom for dinner.  The bike rack in front was full of bikes and it looked like a bike gang had invaded! Of course, we felt somewhat silly in our bike shoes but had a great dinner and enjoyed meeting new people. 

Thanks again to Jess for hosting such a fun event!

No comments:

Post a Comment