Thursday, December 6, 2012

Trying out Full Core to #StopSnacking


I have shared before that eating/snacking is one of my big weaknesses.  I have found that a lot of my challenges around eating happen during the workday.  I eat when I'm stressed and I eat when I'm bored.  This mindless eating has been something that I have been working on since August.  I was at my heaviest weight and just not happy with the way I looked or felt.  I knew that I needed to make a change and so I began to pay more attention to my eating habits. 

I knew that to be successful I had to become a healthier eater especially at the office.  One of first things that I tried out was the meal replacement shake.  I tried products from Advocare and GNC and liked that I could get my chocolate fix through both of these shakes.  The shakes also helped me start my day off with a solid nutritional breakfast while also managing my calories towards my other meals in the day.  I still craved snacks though...and I still struggled with emotionally driven snacking. 

I was interested to learn more about a product that could help me manage my snacking and that's when Full Core entered my life through a partnership with Collective Bias.  The Full Core beverage is promoted as a natural appetite control beverage.  It's also touted as a healthy alternative to soda that provides 10 grams of fiber (up to 40% of your daily fiber needs!) What a score! I spent time shopping on the website and was surprised at how challenging it was to find the full nutritional content information on the Full Core website but I was able to search the FAQs page and confirm that the Full Core beverage was caffeine free.  I choose to keep caffeine out of my drinks as much as possible so this was an important FAQ to me.  Visit my Google + Album here to see my shopping experience recap.


Full Core Commerical #3 from full core on Vimeo.
I placed an order for a 4-pack to try out the Full Core beverage through the online store.  I noticed that the flavor was listed as a lemon-lime flavor and in my head I thought of a Lemon-Lime soda flavor.  I quickly received order confirmation and then shipment information.  The shipment was made via Fed-Ex and the delivery was very quick with the package arriving just a few days later on the day after Thanksgiving. 

On Mondays, I have a double workout with a swim at lunch and a track workout run in the evening after work.  I don't get home until 7:00PM and it's important to me to make sure that I fuel properly throughout the day to support my lunch and evening workouts.  Afternoon snacking can easily turn bad if the lure of the snack shack and candy pull me in.  I was excited to take a Full Core with me to work to try and offset the pull of the snack shack.  In the morning as I was packing my lunch bag, I made sure to include an ice-pack to keep my Full Core beverage nice and cold throughout the day.  I wanted to make sure that the drink would be cold when it was time to drink it later in the day.  I also packed a straw because everything is better with a bendy straw!  Just before 3PM, I opened up my can of Full Core and had my first taste of Full Core.  The flavor was light and citrusy and I enjoyed the alternative to having just a glass of water. 


The Full Core kept me from visiting the snack shack in the office and picking an unhealthy snack for that late-afternoon pick me up.  I still had a small snack of a few almonds just to make sure that I had enough fuel to make it through the run.  I was able to keep the snack small though and that was a big win to me. 

I really liked the taste of the Full Core drink.  I've become a big fan of flavored, sparkling waters lately and this tasted very similar.  The Full Core beverage is about $0.50 more expensive than the meal replacement shakes that I have been using.  I'm not sure that I would use these on a daily basis since the price point makes them seem like a special treat.  I enjoyed having Full Core in the afternoon but also tried it out about 30 minutes before lunch.  It was tasty each time I tried it out and it definitely helped me stop reaching for those unhealthy snacks that are plentiful at the office during the holidays. 

If you are interested in learning more about Full Core...check out the Full Core Twitter party on December 11th at 1:00 PM EST.  There will be lots of discussion on how to #StopSnacking especially during the tough holiday season.  There will be some great prizes including a $100 Visa gift card.  To be eligible for prizes, simply visit the following link to RSVP before the party

Disclosure:  I am a member of the Collective Bias (TM) Social Fabric (R) Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and Full Core.  #StopSnacking #CBias #SocialFabric.  My shopping experience and tasting opinions are all my own. 
 

1 comment:

  1. How great to know that Full Core helped to curb your afternoon snack attacks! The lemon-lime flavor sounds very appealing to me, too. Thanks so much for sharing your experience :)

    ReplyDelete