Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!

Today was a massive snow day here in Arkansas.  I would guess we got somewhere around 8-10 inches through out the course of the day.  Underneath all the snow was a nice layer of slushy ice from the sleet/freezing rain that happened early this morning.
Yes, I still have my lights up...they make me happy!
I finally got out tonight to shovel the driveway.  We were still having light snow flurries up until 5PM so I avoided it for most of the day.  Hershey was getting confused on where the yard was and peed several times in the driveway so I wanted to get it shoveled before her post dinner bathroom break!

In anticipation of the snow storm I got to the track early last night to get some extra mileage in for my Monday night run.  My warmup wasn't going all that well so I decided to skip the track workout and just run on the streets.  I was aiming to do an 8 mile run so I figured I was more likely to get the distance in by leaving the track.  I let my friend Lori know where I was going and told her that I would text her when I was done so she would know I was okay. As I was nearing our downtown square, I saw a runner with a dog pass a few blocks ahead of me.  The runner and dog looked suspiciously like my friend Kyla and her dog Pilgrim. 

After a few blocks, I was close enough to yell out and discovered it was actually Kyla! Thank goodness Pilgrim took a sniff break so I could catch up to them. I got to run the rest of the way with Kyla and Pilgrim.  I ended up with a fartlek workout (which was the track workout for the night) because Pilgrim likes to alternate sprints and walk breaks...his walk breaks aren't always that long but a couple times they were necessary! We also got to tackle some hills which I haven't been running much lately.  It was a fun run and I made it the 8 miles. 

I'm not sure when the roads will clear up but I hope to get a run in later this week.  For now, I'll be getting some cardio in on the bike trainer.  How about you...did the snow storm cross paths with your neck of the woods?  

2 comments:

  1. We are on our 2nd snow day in a row which is unheard of in NM. SOunds like you have it much worse though. I'm also going to be on my bike trainer today and not sure the winds will let me take my dog for a walk. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Socks! That is a ton of snow for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete