Saturday, October 27, 2012

Yurbuds and Inspire for Women

Earlier this week I got the chance to bring together 10 fabulous ladies to talk about Inspiration and Yurbuds! Yurbuds are my favorite earbuds and I was super excited to hear that they were launching a new Women's specific fit at Target.  The earbuds that I have are the Ironman version and they are unisex in size so it was great to hear that they had developed a smaller women's specific fit.  They work really well and stay in your ear no matter how sweaty the run is which is something that I love.  Another great feature is that while they provide great sound quality they also allow for ambient sounds so you can be aware of your surroundings.  And with the fun new colors...you can match your outfit!
Matching my Yurbuds to my shirt and Sweaty Bands headband!

I was really excited to share Yurbuds with my friends and talk about running, music, and inspiration. Most of the ladies were new to Yurbuds and I had to demonstrate how to put them in your ear and twist to lock in the fit. It was funny but not as funny as asking the ladies to figure out who had listed Justin Bieber on her running playlist!  I had asked all the ladies to share some of their favorite songs for inspiration since music can make a huge difference in a workout.  

Some of their favorites:
I Got a Feeling - The Blackeyed Peas
Imma Be - The Blackeyed Peas
How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty
Till I Collapse - Eminem


Yurbuds and BSM Media provided each of my guests with a great gift pack and the first thing we did was check out Ironman champion Mirinda Carfrae's go to music selections!  The gift pack also included a set of Yurbuds Inspire for Women Sport Earphones, a beautiful Yurbuds sweaty band head band, an Inspire sport towel, and a Luna bar.  I added a couple additional things to the gift pack including an Inspiration journal and a Inspire ornament.  Each of the journals was a little different and I used different inspiration words for the ornament. 

About half of our group ran the Des Moines Marathon and Half Marathon last weekend and it was great to hear their stories of race glory and the inspiration that got them through the race.  Two of the ladies are prepping for the New York City Marathon and that inspiration will surely help carry them through the tough spots.  One of my favorite stories from the night was between Kim and Anjeannette.  Both had run in Des Moines with Anjeannette doing the half marathon and Kim the full.  Kim was very touched and inspired when she saw Anjeannette near the finish cheering.  AJ has a knack for selecting a cheer spot that is right where you need it...she tries to find the spot where you just don't really know how close you are to the finish but you are super close and just need a little extra cheer to carry you through to the end. 

The journals were fun to make for the girls and I hope that they fill them with stories like that one as they prep for next year's race goals.  I included some prompts to get the girls started and they can continue to fill them out with other words, pictures, and ideas to provide them with inspiration to accomplish all their fitness goals.  Some of the prompts that I included:
  • She had a Big Ol Goal for 2013
  • She knew she could harness her past success!
  • She gulped...there were weaknesses trying to hold her back.
  • Believe
  • She was growing with each achievement.
  • These races were going to be part of her future.
  • Her top-secret goal!

It was a fun party and great to bring the ladies together after a workout.  I'm always inspired by the ladies of the Rush Running crew and it was fun to share Yurbuds with them. 

You can find the new Yurbuds Inspire for Women Sport Earphones at Target in six great colors.  They retail for $29.99 and provide a great comfortable fit.  You can find Yurbuds on Facebook here or on Twitter here.



Disclosure: I was provided the party kits for the guests from Yurbuds and BSM Media.  The opinions expressed are entirely my own based on my experience with the product. 

4 comments:

  1. Neat! I always have problems with earbuds falling out when I'm doing cardio but since I workout at home now, I just blast it on my stereo. If I start going back to the gym, I will certainly check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These worked great but were slightly too big for me ears. I'm excited to try the women's version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just about worn out the pair I have been using..these sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely listen to music anymore when I run, in part due to hating any and all earbuds I've tried. I'm going to keep an eye out for these, maybe they're worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete