Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Swimmer's Facial Needs

One of the less than pleasant aspects of being a triathlete is that sometimes it can wreak havoc on your skin.  Swimming is especially tough on my skin and dries out my face.  There are many days when I return from the pool at lunch with a face of scaly skin.  

One of my Black Friday shopping finds this year was a trial package of the Garnier Skin Renew Tissue Mask.  This was a special at one of the drugstore chains and it was a last minute addition to my basket as I waited for the person ahead of me in line to finish checking out.  

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask is a thin, flexible fabric mask that you place onto your face.  The mask is soaked in a hydrating Vitamin C serum formula that hydrates your face.  

I really enjoyed my sample purchase and decided to purchase the full size box which comes with six treatment masks.  The directions call for usage three times per week or for a single one time use for 24 hour hydration.  I have elected to do the mask once per week to help re-hydrate my skin after the effects of swimming each week.  

The mask comes out of the package folded up onto itself.  It can be a little tricky to get it unfolded but once it is unfolded it is very easy to apply to your face.  The mask goes on and is very cool and refreshing feeling while on your face.  The mask sits on your face for about 10 minutes and then when you remove it you gently massage any remaining product into your skin.  

I can definitely feel a difference on my face after using the mask.  My skin feels dewy and fresh! I'm not into a lot of skin care routines but this is something that makes me feel like I'm giving back to my skin for the harsh conditions it survives in the pool! 

You can find this product in the beauty section near the other Garnier products of most major retailers with a beauty section.  

Disclosure: I purchased and tried these products with my own funds.  All opinions are based on my personal experience with the product.  


No comments:

Post a Comment