About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Whitney! I am a middle of the pack runner who discovered the fun of triathlons in 2009. Join me in my adventures in life and training. I run with the Rush Running team and enjoy the fun that comes with such a supportive group of friends who understand what running means to me. I'm newly discovering road biking and the fun that it entails.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Time Fashion Fun

Spring has arrived! Over the past few weeks, I have been keeping an eye out for some new fashion finds.  With the changing seasons, I always feel the pull to update my wardrobe with a few pieces.

One thing that I love for spring is to break out dresses again.  I spend so much of the winter covered up in long pants for work.  I will wear skirts and dresses with tights in the winter but my go to is blank pants for work.

Here are a few of the finds that I managed to add to my spring collection.  The most expensive piece that I bought was around $35 but I think I still managed to find some cute and trend right items with sales and shopping discount stores.

Navy/Royal stripe dress from Kohls.  Soft comfy knit dress that will look great with either ballet flats or some cute sandals.  I love the zipper accents on the dress and think I'll pair it with a gold dangle necklace.

Black tank dress on clearance from Kohls.  This is a heavier knit dress from the Simply Vera Vera Wang collection.  This is a dress that I'll pair with a cardigan sweater and skinny belt.  The dress is drop-waisted with a fun flirty hemline detail.  The cardigan is just an example that is one of my old favorites because you can't go wrong with a little animal print.  Below is more detail of the belt options that I bought for this spring.
-
I found these fun belts at Walmart and all three were only $10.  The skinny belt is something that I consider more trendy than my normal style so I didn't want to make a large investment in order to try out the trend.  I loved the metallic gold and silver colors and the different design of each of the belts.

Black/White polka dot dress from Ross.  This is a simple sheath dress with a ruffle hemline.   The different widths of polka dots give the dress a lot of flair.  I'm planning to pair a colored multi-strand necklace with this dress to add a pop of color.  This dress also led to me updating another staple of my wardrobe...slips.  For years I have had the same ill-fitting slips.  I bought the wrong size years ago and in order to wear the slip I had to wear it up very high on my waist or it would just fall down. I found some great soft new slips and bought two lengths.  There are just some dresses that I feel more put together in with a slip on underneath.  It smooths everything out!


Up next is a skirt and shirt combo that I found at Walmart.  The total for this outfit was under $30! The skirt is a knit pencil skirt with a soft black/cream color stripe combo.  The top is a tunic style collared shirt with a slightly longer back made from soft rayon style fabric.


Lastly I have been picking up some woven tops for spring including a green gingham checkered shirt and this super cute neon pink bicycle print top.  I've worn the green check already and paired it underneath a navy blue cardigan to help transition to the season since the mornings are still pretty cool.

What are you picking up this spring to update your wardrobe?  I made sure to go through my clothes and pull out anything that I haven't worn in a while to move to a donation pile.  It's really hard to give up some clothes but if I haven't worn in more than a year I don't know why I should hold onto it.  I really need to declutter out my workout clothes but that is way harder...I love having options!

Disclosure: All purchases were made with my own funds and I was not compensated for the promotion of the retailers and or brands mentioned in this post.

1 comment: