Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Time Fashion Fun

Spring has arrived! Over the past few weeks, I have been keeping an eye out for some new fashion finds.  With the changing seasons, I always feel the pull to update my wardrobe with a few pieces.

One thing that I love for spring is to break out dresses again.  I spend so much of the winter covered up in long pants for work.  I will wear skirts and dresses with tights in the winter but my go to is blank pants for work.

Here are a few of the finds that I managed to add to my spring collection.  The most expensive piece that I bought was around $35 but I think I still managed to find some cute and trend right items with sales and shopping discount stores.

Navy/Royal stripe dress from Kohls.  Soft comfy knit dress that will look great with either ballet flats or some cute sandals.  I love the zipper accents on the dress and think I'll pair it with a gold dangle necklace.

Black tank dress on clearance from Kohls.  This is a heavier knit dress from the Simply Vera Vera Wang collection.  This is a dress that I'll pair with a cardigan sweater and skinny belt.  The dress is drop-waisted with a fun flirty hemline detail.  The cardigan is just an example that is one of my old favorites because you can't go wrong with a little animal print.  Below is more detail of the belt options that I bought for this spring.
-
I found these fun belts at Walmart and all three were only $10.  The skinny belt is something that I consider more trendy than my normal style so I didn't want to make a large investment in order to try out the trend.  I loved the metallic gold and silver colors and the different design of each of the belts.

Black/White polka dot dress from Ross.  This is a simple sheath dress with a ruffle hemline.   The different widths of polka dots give the dress a lot of flair.  I'm planning to pair a colored multi-strand necklace with this dress to add a pop of color.  This dress also led to me updating another staple of my wardrobe...slips.  For years I have had the same ill-fitting slips.  I bought the wrong size years ago and in order to wear the slip I had to wear it up very high on my waist or it would just fall down. I found some great soft new slips and bought two lengths.  There are just some dresses that I feel more put together in with a slip on underneath.  It smooths everything out!


Up next is a skirt and shirt combo that I found at Walmart.  The total for this outfit was under $30! The skirt is a knit pencil skirt with a soft black/cream color stripe combo.  The top is a tunic style collared shirt with a slightly longer back made from soft rayon style fabric.


Lastly I have been picking up some woven tops for spring including a green gingham checkered shirt and this super cute neon pink bicycle print top.  I've worn the green check already and paired it underneath a navy blue cardigan to help transition to the season since the mornings are still pretty cool.

What are you picking up this spring to update your wardrobe?  I made sure to go through my clothes and pull out anything that I haven't worn in a while to move to a donation pile.  It's really hard to give up some clothes but if I haven't worn in more than a year I don't know why I should hold onto it.  I really need to declutter out my workout clothes but that is way harder...I love having options!

Disclosure: All purchases were made with my own funds and I was not compensated for the promotion of the retailers and or brands mentioned in this post.

1 comment: