Thursday, October 2, 2014

Before and After... The long run

Our Grand Canyon training plan included a long run of 5 hours on trails a few weeks ago.  My longest run time wise prior to this was 4 hours at the War Eagle Trail Run 25k.  Distance wise my longest run was just the 25k which I had done in both a road race and trail race.

Here's are some quick pics we took before and after the run.  
Before

After- pointing towards the West and the Grand Canyon! 

The run went really well and I ended up with 19 miles covered in the 5 hours. We run/walked through out.  I snacked on Feed Zone pizza rolls which I really enjoyed. I mixed up my nutrition drink and accidentally made them way too weak thus not getting many liquid calories but staying hydrated.  Overall a great learning experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment