Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Uffda, this is going to hurt!

A few weeks ago I started a new job and one of the perks is an awesome corporate gym.  I have been going to this gym for a while and paying the guest fee in order to swim with my friends and training partners so I was really excited to get the job so that I could officially join the gym!

A few of my friends have always loved a Bootcamp class at the gym and encouraged me to join them when the new session started today.  I was told to show up early because the class can get full and they actually will cut people off from entering if it's too full.  I met up with my friend Cathy as I was heading into the locker room to change.  I told Cathy I was a little scared for the workout!

The class started out with a series of ab moves then moved onto circuit training.  As Jason the trainer walked through the stations I got even more scared! The stations covered a full, total body workout.  Some of the stations included exercise bands, dumb bells, stability balls, and even the TRX bands.  I had never tried the TRX bands before and by the end of each station could definitely feel the burn. I also struggled with doing the mountain climbers and had to take some pauses during those stops on the circuit. For the most part, I was fatigued by the time the trainer hollered to switch to the next station and I'm fairly certain I will feel the workout tomorrow. 

As we finished up the class, I asked one of my friend's in the group how come I was sweating and they weren't! His remark was that they have had more practice and know how to cheat better!

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that I recieved my holiday card in the mail today - thank you so much! Your awesome, thoughtful package totally made my day - I appreciate it so much. Thanks for all the goodies - I especially can't wait to read little Karli her book once she's born :)!

    ReplyDelete