About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Whitney! I am a middle of the pack runner who discovered the fun of triathlons in 2009. Join me in my adventures in life and training. I run with the Rush Running team and enjoy the fun that comes with such a supportive group of friends who understand what running means to me. I'm newly discovering road biking and the fun that it entails.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Uffda, this is going to hurt!

A few weeks ago I started a new job and one of the perks is an awesome corporate gym.  I have been going to this gym for a while and paying the guest fee in order to swim with my friends and training partners so I was really excited to get the job so that I could officially join the gym!

A few of my friends have always loved a Bootcamp class at the gym and encouraged me to join them when the new session started today.  I was told to show up early because the class can get full and they actually will cut people off from entering if it's too full.  I met up with my friend Cathy as I was heading into the locker room to change.  I told Cathy I was a little scared for the workout!

The class started out with a series of ab moves then moved onto circuit training.  As Jason the trainer walked through the stations I got even more scared! The stations covered a full, total body workout.  Some of the stations included exercise bands, dumb bells, stability balls, and even the TRX bands.  I had never tried the TRX bands before and by the end of each station could definitely feel the burn. I also struggled with doing the mountain climbers and had to take some pauses during those stops on the circuit. For the most part, I was fatigued by the time the trainer hollered to switch to the next station and I'm fairly certain I will feel the workout tomorrow. 

As we finished up the class, I asked one of my friend's in the group how come I was sweating and they weren't! His remark was that they have had more practice and know how to cheat better!

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that I recieved my holiday card in the mail today - thank you so much! Your awesome, thoughtful package totally made my day - I appreciate it so much. Thanks for all the goodies - I especially can't wait to read little Karli her book once she's born :)!

    ReplyDelete