Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Joining the Posse

Isn't that the truth...having a posse to watch your back makes all the difference! 

I have followed pro triathlete Bree Wee's blog for almost as long as I have had a blog.  One of the original blogs that I followed was based out of Hawaii and that blogger would frequently mention and reference other Hawaii athletes which is how I discovered Bree.

Bree Wee has always followed her passion and her dreams.  Her current dream is to qualify for Kona this year and she is on a points gathering path trying to earn the points she needs to solidify her spot on the starting line in October.
From http://breeweehawaii.blogspot.com
Bree is an inspiration to me with the way that she approaches life and training.  She spent a few months recovering from a stress fracture in her foot and came back smart and strong.  Besides the normal challenges like recovering from an injury, Bree has faced the challenge of supporting an international race schedule as a somewhat self-supported professional athlete.  She has a few more races this year to get her points and she needs our help.  It's summer time which means that her normal paycheck of substitute teaching isn't available.

I want to help...that's why I have joined the Bree Wee Postcard Posse! I am passing along a monetary prize that I won because I know that it will make a difference for Bree and help her fulfill her dreams.  Check out Bree's blog if you want to help or if you want to enviously bask in the glow of her Hawaii training lifestyle! Seriously, the photos that Bree posts make me jealous! Vacationing in Hawaii is definitely on my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment